One of the great member benefits of Washington Youth Soccer and US Youth Soccer is that we are able to partner with corporate scholarship and grant programs to create opportunities for your players to earn college scholarships and for your Clubs and Associations to earn grants for soccer programs. Below are two opportunities that US Youth Soccer supports and we encourage you to pass the word on to your parents and board members.
Kohl’s Cares Scholarship Program
The Kohl’s Cares Scholarship Program recognizes volunteers ages 6-18 who work to make their communities a better place. Nominations are open from February 1st through March 15th at 11:59pm Central Time.
To be eligible, the nominated youth volunteer must meet the following criteria:
- Must be between the ages of 6 and 18 and not yet a high school graduate.
- Actions must be described in detail and should document efforts above and beyond what is expected of a child his or her age.
- Volunteer efforts must have occurred in the last year.
- Winners are chosen based on the project, benefits and outcome.
Responsible Sports Community Grant Program
Your Club or Association could earn a $2500 grant through the Responsible Sports Community Grant program by Liberty Mutual!
To be eligible, your organization must:
- Be registered with Responsible Sports (search here to see if your organization is registered; if not, have an organization administrator register here)
- Be registered non-profit, traditional youth sport organizations or school athletic programs recognized by the governing bodies of their sport(s)
- Serve the community at large and must be open to the general public, without bias, prejudice or discrimination regarding participation
Once your organization is registered, rally as many members and supporters to take part in the self-paced Responsible Sports Parenting and Responsible Coaching coursework. Then, pass the 10-question Responsible Sport Parenting quiz or Responsible Coaching quiz. Verify your email address to receive your certification and then credit your organization. Each credited certification brings your organization one step closer to earning a grant.
The Spring 2012 Community Grant period will open March 1st and run through May 31st, 2012. Grants are open to both teams and leagues (both are considered organizations) and could be through either youth sports organizations/clubs or schools. Large organizations (100+ players) compete for one of five (5) $2,500 grants and Small organizations (under 100 players) compete for one of five (5) $2,500 grants.
To learn more about how to register your Club or Association, visit the Responsible Sports Community Grant website.